What Information Search and Rescue Needs To Help Find You:
Prior to any trip, take the time to WRITE DOWN a comprehensive PLAN to include the following:
- Destination and route with map of planned trails.
- Type of activities planned.
- Departure time and date.
- Expected return time and date.
- Vehicle description, plate number and planned parking location.
- Names and ages of all people in group
- Personal description.
- Personal physical fitness levels and capabilities
- Any medical or physical disorders; medications.
- What navigational equipment you have such as maps, compass, and gps. Inlcude your capabilities of using the equipment.
- Camping gear and equipment you have with you.
- Supplies you have with you, including the amount food and water supply.
- Clothing you have with you, including type and color.
- Type of foot gear, include size and photo of tread pattern.
- In-Case-Of-Emergency considerations
- Cell phone numbers of you and anyone else with you
How To Plan for a Trip or a Day Hike
What to Do With This Plan?
Leave this plan with a responsible and reliable person who can notify the 911 in a timely manner, in case of a suspected emergency.
Remember that the person who has this plan may very well have your life in their hands.